Thursday, April 23, 2015

2015-04-23 - A Blustery Ride to JTNP HQ

Strava

Bike:Nashbar Carbon 105
Miles: 10.3
Start Time 10:43
Moving Time: 0:56:27
Elevation: 344
Avg Spd: 11.0
Max Spd: 44.5

Avg HR:
Max HR:
Temp Out:
Temp In: 68

A good stiff 10 MPH South wind made parts of this ride a chore. On the plus side I recorded a record on Mesquite Road between 2 MIle and Raymond, 44.5 MPH, far and away the fastest I have been on that stretch. I have been doing 5 mile evening rides around my immediate neighborhood and I seem to have recovered much of my capacity. A longer ride is in order to test this proposition.

The last taillight I purchased came with an invitation to join a group who would have the opportunity to buy the companies new products for $1.00 in exchange for reviews on Amazon. I missed a couple of light sets I would like to have had but finally got in on twe items, a U-Lock/taillight combination and a LED light bar/flashlight/magnetic pickup stick do-dad. They came yesterday. I found that my mountain bike is the only one of the 4 bikes I have here with enough real estate to hold the taillight/lock bracket device which is about 2" tall. This works out as I plan to use the bike to tow my new trailer around town and the rather small U-Lock in combination with a cable will probably make a good locking setup for the bike and trailer. The taillight has 3 modes, one solid on and 2 flashing. It is adequate but not as bright as some of my other lights. It uses 2 included AA batteries.

At first sight I was not too impressed with the with the light bar/etc. device. But after putting 3 AAA batteries in the light bar section and trying it last night it will become my go to flashlight. The light bar really puts out the light. The flashlight end runs on 3 button batteries (included) and is OK. The magnetic pick up capability will come in handy from time to time I am sure. Both ends are magnetic. I think Luke Skywalker carries a similar device!

No comments:

Post a Comment