Sunday, January 6, 2013

01-06-2012 - Pinto Mountain Loop

Miles: 14.2.0
Time: 1:04:57
Elevation: 160
Average Speed: 13.2
Max Speed: 21.4

Chilly ride around Pinto Mountain Road loop. Met Daniel, a touring biker from Atlanta on Amboy Road. He had been to Martinez and was headed east. He was riding a beater Trek mountain bike with 700C wheels and disc brakes. His equipment looked like hell but that happens after some time on the road. He had a beat up Ortlieb and some other brand of dry bag on the rear and a pair of new K-mart bags on the front. He seemed kind of discouraged. His plan was to go to Amboy then Needles and end up in Durango, CO. I gave him the water from my small bottle.

When I got home I took him a gallon of water and a few food items from my limited pantry. He was a few miles beyond Goodwin Road on Amboy. We talked more about route and he decided to take Iron Age Road to 62 to Parker then 60 to New Mexico and 10 and 20 to Dallas where he has an uncle. I think it is a wise decision this time of year. I was glad I could help him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment