Sunday, January 27, 2013

01/27/2013 - Short Ride on New Dahon and Airport Loop on Tourer

Miles: 4.0
Time: 0:26:052
Elevation: 0
Average Speed: 9.1
Max Speed: 15.0

Ride around park and neighborhood to get feel of Dahon. Not bad! Shifting is great. Gear spread is a bit long but to be expected given inch range (24-74) and speeds (8). Too much wind which made bike seem sluggish.

Steering post has some play. I need to investigate to see what I can do to tighten it up. No adjustment is obvious. May have to use some shims.




Miles: 22.3
Time: 2:04:18
Elevation: 409
Average Speed: 10.7
Max Speed: 22.3

Airport loop on Tour bike in the wind. I am surprised the average is as high as it is given the wind. This ride seems like what many tour day could be, slow and steady, requiring much patience.

Bad traffic. On Amboy east of Pinto Mt. some guy passed 3 cars right in my face. As soon a I could see he would probably not hit me and had a clear view of me I gave him the finger. Maybe he will refrain the next time he is in a similar situation or in any situation were he is around a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment