Thursday, October 30, 2014

2014-10-30 - Pinto Mt. Loop on 3 Speed

Miles: 14.6
Start Time 1:23
Moving Time: 1:16:35
Elevation(Ft): 1610
Avg Spd(M): 11.4
Max Spd(M): 23.0
Cad Avg:
HR Avg(BPM):
HR Max(BPM):
Temp Out: 76
Temp In: 82

Several firsts today. The first time I have been this far east or been on this route or ridden this long since April 9. I have been doing short local rides in town late in the evening during the hot season. This is also the first time I have posted to this blog since 8/26 and the fist time I have ridden in any significant wind for several months. It was an annoying east breeze. It robbed me of 4-5 MPH going out but mostly I was bothered by the sound of it in my ears. It did make the 4.5 miles back to the west sweet though. I had intended to do a long slow type ride but probably because of the wind I ended up hammering it on the way back and averaged 1-2 MPH more than intended but it was a good workout so no problem.

Since last post I have added a LED light and a B&M bottle Generator to the bike. It works well although it definitely has more drag than the hub setup on my tour bike. I tried to use the hub wheel on this bike but the Schwalby tire even though the same size (700 x 35) as the Performance tire on the 3 speed will not clear the brake and fork crown. Since I do not ride in the dark often the bottle setup will be fine on this bike. It is good to have reliable light when the need arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment