Sunday, June 2, 2013

2013-06-02 - Airport Loop on Road Bike

Miles: 23.3
Start Time: 8:45
Moving Time: 1:49:10
Elevation: 460
Average Speed: 12.8
Max Speed: 31.8

A pleasant early (for me) morning ride out to the Airport and return. It was warm, about 85 when I left home and 96 on the return. The wind was very mild (for once) and of course that contributed to the heat. I came home and made a bowl of my famous Ramen and Spicy Asian Soup mix instead of going straight for the coke.

I got "multi-focal" contact lenses fitted yesterday. The doc did not have the proper prescription on hand so I am wearing a pair that does not correct my astigmatism. I can see very well up close and the distance is getting steadily better but I expect great results when the proper pair he ordered arrives.

I wore them on the ride and forgot to take the wetting solution. About 8 miles in my eyes started to feel very dry but I guess I blinked enough to fix it because I forgot the whole thing after awhile. It is nice to wear "normal" sunglasses and to be able to see everything within about 10 feet clearly without having to bother with reading glasses.

A solar farm is being installed to supply some of the energy used by the park. My estimate is that it will generate about 100-120KW:

No comments:

Post a Comment