Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2014-04-09 - To Luckie Park at Dusk on 3 Speed

Miles: 6.8
Start Time 7:00
Moving Time: 0:41:55
Elevation(Ft): 0
Avg Spd(M): 9.7
Max Spd(M): 14.5
HR Avg(BPM):
HR Max(BPM):
Temp Out: 85
Temp In: 82

Put on almost new tires my neighbor fished from the dumpster and gave me with the above bike. Removed shifters, derailleurs and rear brake. Bike is now a single speed with front brake only. Right crank arm and pedal were bent. Was able to straighten out the crank pretty well and put on another pedal. The bike will be fine for poking around park. I do not want to ride it much now because back wheel has 5 broken spokes and my weight could cause a cascade of more breaks. I will try to buy new spokes in Joshua Tree when I take my neighbor Bill back to his Assisted Living place on Friday.

Warm ride with strong West to SW wind. Weather is warming up. 91 inside now and still 82 outside at 8:15 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment