Tuesday, January 20, 2015

2015-01-17 - Beach Ride with Doug

Strava

Bike: Road
Miles: 45.9
Start Time 10:19
Moving Time: 4:42:47
Elevation(Ft): 2,209
Avg Spd(M): 10.5
Max Spd(M): 32.4
Temp Out:
Temp In:

This was my buddy Doug's first outdoor ride since his knee surgery several months ago. He is still too fast for me. I chased him all the way to the far end of Laguna Beach. We turned back at the top of a big 4 mile drop into Newport Beach. Doug was getting worn out and I was mildly concerned about getting back as I am not used to riding this kind of distance now. We stopped at Taco Bell in Laguna and had some lunch then made our way home.

The ride through Laguna on the Pacific Coast Highway was somewhat harrowing as there is no bike lane and the Saturday traffic was heavy. South of Laguna there is bike lane or the route leaves the highway for various trails or residential streets. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the ride back.

As soon as we got back to Doug's trailer I packed up and headed for my daughters in Rancho Palos Verdes. It was a 60 mile trip and I hoped to get there before dark which i almost did. At least I got off the 405 which is the worst section of freeway on the route, before it was pitch dark. I arrived about 6:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment