Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2015-02-17 - Another Easy Local Ride

Strava

Bike: Vilano 3 Speed
Miles: 5.6
Start Time 5:34
Moving Time: 0:33:57
Elevation: 118
Avg Spd(M): 9.9
Max Spd(M): 21..5
Temp Out:
Temp In:

Nice ride to Luckie Park and home in the dark on 3 speed. I had adequate light from the tire dyno and led headlight combo unlike my ride down from JTNP Sunday evening using a small battery powered light.

Before going out I added a hold down bolt and grommet to the Ural sidecar and cover to hold the side of the cover closed over the passenger entry step through. I have had this in mind for some time and finally got to it. The cover has stretched over time and the side of the cover has been blowing up to expose the low spot in the car side. I have had one item, a Croc shoe sucked out and possibly an expensive electric vest (either sucked out or stolen at a rest stop in AL). This will hopefully solve the problem. I had to grind down the head of the pretty chrome license plate bolt I used as the stud to fit through the not so large grommet I had on hand. The last photo is of the factory studs which hold the rear of the cover.

Visible in the second photo is one of the tiedown rigs I added at the suggestion of my friend Dale in Florida. There are 2 at the front and 2 back of the car and they have turned out to be very useful for securing a bicycle to the car and luggage inside:

No comments:

Post a Comment