Thursday, February 26, 2015

2015-02-26 - Quick Ride to JTN{P HQ to Blow Out Cobwebs

Strava

Bike: Road
Miles: 9.1
Start Time 4:50
Moving Time: 0:42:16
Elevation: 240
Avg Spd: 12.9
Max Spd: 30.6
Temp Out: 70
Temp In: 68

I went down to Palm Springs this afternoon to talk to a surgeon about fixing my herniated navel. I will hear tomorrow if the insurance company is going to go for it or not. I stoped in Yucca Valley on the way home and got groceries. I put them away and the set out for a short ride to Luckie Park. As so often happens I ended up going about twice as far as I planned but it is all good.

I moved the bike seat back about 1/2" last night and it seems better. I stopped at the Joshua Tree Bike Shop on the way down and got a new seat bag and a pair of Stop Flat Strips. I have been using the seat bag I bought in 1988 or 89 on my road bike the last 4 years. I decided it was time for a new one and the one I got has a superior attachment system. It is a small version of the one I have on my 3 speed city bike, a Topeak. It also has a light hanger loop on the back so I can easily run two tail lights. I noticed when I stopped for photos that the bike looks like an ambulance from the back. Good! I added one of the Stop Flats to the kit so I can put in in the tire the first time I have a flat.

I have put 50.9 mile on the new bike in 3 days. I found out at the doc's that I have shrunk from 6' 1" to 5' 11 12". That was a surprise. I checked it as best I could myself when I got home and it appears to be true. Revolting!

No comments:

Post a Comment