Monday, March 2, 2015

2015-03-02 - Airport Loop and Home Through Town

Strava

Bike: Road
Miles: 26.1
Start Time 12:05
Moving Time: 2:11:10
Elevation: 524
Avg Spd: 11.9
Max Spd: 32.4
Temp Out: 59
Temp In: 55

March is in like a lion! Cold, blustery, cloudy, light sprinkles are the order of the day but a big improvement from yesterday when it rained on and off all day. I left home in a South wind. By the time I got on Valle Vista it was a West wind and at the airport and back to town it was SW. In town and back at home it was West. Go figure. I had to fight my way the last 1/2 mile west to my street. After I got home I took my anemometer out to the front where I got an unobstructed air flow and registered 6-10 MPH. It felt stronger than that a few minutes earlier when I had ridden west.

The bike is still performing flawlessly. No flats in spite of the cheap tires. I am finally remembering to mention how soft and pleasant the carbon frame rides compared to my aluminum bikes. I did not realize how harsh my aluminum road bike was until I rode this one. Other than having a cold face and ears and some chill coming back to town against the wind this was a nice ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment