Thursday, March 5, 2015

2015-03-05 - Pinto Mt. Loop.

Strava

Bike: Road
Miles: 14.1
Start Time 4:36
Moving Time: 1:03:05
Elevation: 161
Avg Spd: 13.4
Max Spd: 23.3
Temp Out: 62
Temp In: 60

A late afternoon ride around the Pinto Mt. Road loop. Uneventful. A nice downwind downhill run to the SE corner. By the time I got halfway down Pinto Road the NW wind had become brisk and due west. Coming back to the west on Amboy Road was not bad as the wind gradually let up as sunset approached. I got home about 10 minutes after I saw the sun disappear. It was not nearly as chilly as last night, probably because of the lesser wind chill.

I uploaded the data from the new phone app, "I Got U Sports", which complements my fitness band for the first time. It agrees with the Velodroid app which is a good sign. I also got to use my new Chinese LED headlamp/bike light combo in flashing mode briefly. I had taken it for a very short test ride in pitch dark last night and it makes a brighter and more coherent beam than any of my other lights, including the two old technology rigs which cost 3 and 4 times more and weigh several times more as well. It has a zoom feature which allows the size of the beam to be adjusted and runs on 4 AA batteries. I am using rechargeables. Time will tell how the battery life is. It also came with a headband which the light and battery pack clip into, the battery pack on the back. It is well balanced and comfortable. It will make a good camping and night hiking light along with its usefulness on the bike:

No comments:

Post a Comment