Friday, March 20, 2015

2015-03-20 - First Ride on Second Dumpster Bike

Strava

Bike:Diamondback Dumpster Bike
Miles: 6.4
Start Time 6:00
Moving Time: 42:37
Elevation: 0
Avg Spd: 9.0
Max Spd: 13.2

Avg HR:
Max HR:
Temp Out:
Temp In: 70

A few days ago I put together the second bike, a beat up Diamond back, my neighbor and I rescued from the dumpster last year. I used the front wheel and some other parts from a bike I bought from the same neighbor for $20 which turned out to be a real mess. I consigned the frame and a few remaining bits of it back to the dumpster, may it rest in peace. I set the Diamondback up as a single speed and gave it to the neighbor to get rid of it. He commented on the lack of shifting. I really did not enjoy riding the first dumpster bike, the Auto Shift, so I traded him. After I rode the Diamondback around I changed my mind and put the rear shifter back on it this evening. The bike has decent Shimano components. I rode it around the area about 3/4 hour and it is not bad (as a 7 speed). It is a good workout and puttering around bike with the fat tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment