Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12-19-2012 - Airport Loop/Adobe on Road Bike

Miles: 25.4
Time: 2:02:16
Elevation: 5956
Average Speed: 12.5
Max Speed: 30.7

A chilly and windy ride to the airport and around. Wind was around 19 MPH from the NW (perhaps more north than west) at the start and. It diminished in the vicinity of the airport and then picked up again as I came back into town. It was 45 degrees at 11:00 when I left and 50 when I returned. Today I layered up for it: zip neck "Tee", summer jersey, thin fleece pullover, bike jacket, thin fleece beanie under helmet, medium fleece gloves. I actually got a bit warm on the two downwind south bound legs but it was worth it to be comfortable going into and across the wind.

I stopped on Highway 62 to try to get a decent photo of the new snow pack on Mount San Gorgornio. My phone camera does not quite do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment