Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12/04/2012 - Airport Loop on Tour Bike w/32 LB H2O

Miles: 25.5
Time: 2:17:23
Elevation: 597
Average Speed: 11.1
Max Speed: 36.3

I took the touring bike out to test the new front rack and the whole bike with a load. I put a gallon of water in each bag in front and since I do not have new read bags yet I bungeed 2 gallons on the rear rack for a total of 32 pounds. The bike weighed 38 pounds dry for a grand total of 73 with the two bike bottles I took to drink.

Contrary to rumors the bike handles very well with the load on the front. It really stabilizes the steering. The bike was solid with no load on the front. With the load it is as solid as a rock even with the rear weight high on the rack instead of low in bags. All in all it feels about like riding my my road bike but slower, especially going uphill.

A nice cool day for riding. High clouds, a mild east wind and high 60s temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment