Friday, August 16, 2013

2013-08-16 - Airport Loop on Road Bike

Kilometers: 36.0.1
Start Time: 09:22
Moving Time: 1:48:58
Elevation(M): 125
Avg Speed(KPH): 20.7
Max Speed(KPH): 52.6
Avg Cadence: 72
Avg HR: 114
Max HR: 137
Temp Out: 95
Temp In: 99

A warm ride. Once again I had trouble getting myself moving and the heat bothered me more than usual. I may not have been sufficiently hydrated when I left home. On the positive side the wind was very mild and mostly from the north. All and all it is a beautiful day. The forecast is for 106 today. I registered 107 yesterday. The airport which I have on the blog is a bit higher and usually a bit cooler. The other option is the Marine Base which is a bit lower and out in the sand dunes and usually reading too high for my place.

The bike is not shifting well. Part of it is because the chain and all are filthy and I have been too lazy to clean it up and part of it seems to be that the new stand I keep the bike on may be messing with the rear shift cable housing in some way. I adjusted the stand so I can set the bike on it closer to the front which will hopefully prevent any further issues. I need to clean the drive train and and adjust the shifting and hope that takes care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment