Monday, August 19, 2013

2013-08-19 - Airport Loop on Road Bike

Miles: 28.5
Start Time: 09:20
Moving Time: 2:34:00
Elevation(Ft): 700
Avg Speed(MPH): 12.0
Max Speed(MPH): 32.9
Avg Cadence: 70
Avg HR: 105
Max HR: 130
Temp Out: 90
Temp In: 97

I had no ambition for the first 15 miles today. It took 5 KM to get to 70% HR and I had to fight to keep it there at least to the airport. On the ride I decided my experiment with using metric units was making no sense. It only complicates something that could be relatively simple. At the Park HQ stop I decided to change the phone Strava app from metric to English. Bad idea! I assumed that since units are primarily a display item they could change on the fly. Unfortunately Strava did not agree and the change stopped the ride. I started the thing up again but when I got home I lost the second part of the ride due to some upload glitch although I did get the distance and average speed. Oh well. I also fat fingered my HRM and lost the stats for that too (twice, at the park then again at home). The numbers here are derived by adding the two rides together and using observed HRs and so on. It is mostly just vanity stuff anyway. I will live.

It was a decent morning. The temps were reasonable an there was some cloud cover which reduced the direct sunlight to some degree. The bike is shifting very badly. Had a mild tailwind back to town, always a good thing. I need to get off my duff and clean it up and tweak it.

No comments:

Post a Comment