Wednesday, August 21, 2013

2013-08-21 - Airport Loop on Road Bike

Miles: 22.4
Start Time: 10:20
Moving Time: 1:54:4
Elevation(Ft): 412
Avg Speed(MPH): 11.7
Max Speed(MPH): 25.7
Avg Cadence: 70
Avg HR: 111
Max HR: 132
Temp Out: 95
Temp In: 101

Heat bothered me more than usual. Legs were mush perhaps from regular walking I have been doing. It will get better.

Yesterday morning I took the road and tour bikes outside and washed and Pedro'd and waxed the chain on both. They needed it badly. The tour bike had not been cleaned up since I started for Texas on it in February.

Bike is still not shifting well (note clean cassette and chain in pic). Chain came off big ring again. I am guessing that when I yanked it off during sprint last week it tweaked a few things, front and back. I messed with rear adjustment on the ride to little avail. I will try to motivate myself to sit down and adjust it all in the house. Adjusting one of these puppies is a series of compromises. You fix one issue and it causes another to pop up.

Got passed by 2 bikers today, both Marine types. First was a young guy in a Radio Shack jersey who blew by me going about 25 on a little plateau on 62 when I was going about 15. I think he is the same guy who blew my doors off on Amboy Road two days ago. By the time I topped the next little summit he was out of sight, dropping into town. The second was an older guy (50-60ish) who passed me on Utah. I have not seen any Marines out riding for quite awhile. It is a good thing. You never know when you might have to grab a bike and chase down an insurgent.

The wind was E going out Valley Vista and Amboy and definitely at the airport (see windsock pic). Once again when I topped the saddle into town the became NE. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment