Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014-01-30 - Night Walk Around Area

Miles: 2.1
Start Time 9:13
Moving Time: 0:40:45
Elevation(Ft): 0
Avg Speed(MPH): 19:49
Max Speed(MPH):
Avg Cadence:
Avg HR:
Max HR:
Temp Out: 55
Temp In: 55

Walk around golf course loop on a pleasant 55 degree night. I did this to burn a few calories so I can have some dinner. I had only a few over 100 left after my 1100 calorie lunch. I have about 350 in the bank now.

Interesting day. I started the morning conversing with a Harley guy, Jesse, from Baton Rouge, LA, who is on a mid-life crisis wander of some sort. He camped in the space next to me 2 nights and left for Phoenix this AM. He is a cool guy and I really liked him. While we were talking Diane from across the street came through with her dogs. She had some cancer removed and is in chemotherapy. I asked her how she was feeling and one thing led to another and she volunteered she had lost her hair and it hurt. I had no idea it would come out in a mater of a day or two or that it would hurt. Then Jess volunteered that his wife had been fighting cancer for the last 3 years and they had a good discussion about it. I think it was some neat serendipity that he showed up to tell Diane that people recover and survive just fine. Sometimes one really has to wonder if there is more going on than meets the eye.

After Jess left I went over to talk to Bill, the guy I have been helping some who is in Assisted Living in Yucca Valley and came here by bus for a 2 day test stay. He was set to take the bus home. I told him I was going to take his new new refrigerator and microwave the park people gave him to his AL place and that he could ride with me. I called and canceled his Dial-A-Ride pick up and loaded up his stuff and took him to Walmart then on to his AL place. I set up his appliances and the new universal remote we got for his antique TV. We had purchased enough cable and a splitter to feed his portable TV/DVD player he keeps by his bed but I was not thinking and did not get a cable to go between the existing splitter which splits between the TV and computer and the new splitter which will service the 2 TVs. Also the antique dirt filled keyboard we took from his shed would not work with his laptop.

I got out one of my old keyboards and a cable this evening and will take them by when I go to LA this weekend to deliver the project bicycles. I came home and did some email and had a big lunch then took a nap until 6:15. I am good to go now hence my late evening walk. Bill needs a 4.5 volt A/C adapter to supply his wireless TV headphones. Walmart was out and I cannot find the one I thought I had here. I think I left it at my girlfriends when we split. Oh well. I will get one in LA.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment