Monday, February 3, 2014

2014-02-03 - To Luckie Park on Single Speed

Miles: 9.1
Start Time 02:36
Moving Time: 1:04:22
Elevation(Ft): 119
Avg Speed(MPH): 8.5
Max Speed(MPH): 20.8
Avg Cadence:
Avg HR:
Max HR:
Temp Out: 58
Temp In: 58

Another pleasant ride on single speed. It is fun and simple. Just put on a helmet and go. I have worn a Pearl Izumi bike short liner and Levi cargo shorts the last two rides. It seems OK at 7-9 miles but I am not sure how it would work day after day on a serious tour. I will have to try a 25 on the tour bike and see how it feels. It certainly is less geeky looking if it can be comfortable.

Since I am using this bike for fitness purposes I would like to have a computer on it. I have a wired unit which I broke the wires on on my TX tour last spring. I will see if I can repair it and put it on.

The chain came off 3 times today. If you hit a bump in a corner and are pedaling off it comes. It is a matter of seconds to put it back on but it is not a good thing. The chain tensioner will be here in a few days. It is not the spring loaded type but looks like it may have enough adjustment to allow the possibility of moving the chain between 2 or 3 cogs. That will be useful if it works out. It will make the bike much more versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment