Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014-02-25 - Luckie Park Loop Plus Some Laps on Single Speed

Miles: 8.2
Start Time 5:13
Moving Time: 43:25:
Elevation(Ft): 118
Avg Spd(M): 11.3
Max Spd(M): 27.3
Temp Out: 77
Temp In: 75

I had to go to Yucca Valley this morning to shop and to fetch Bill. When I got home I ate then napped and then went out to ride. A nice evening. I had a package this afternoon and was hoping it would be the chain adjusters arriving early but it was the No-Flat Strips for the Vilano. I am glad to have them. I will not put them in until I have a flat. So far the Kenda tires on the bike are proving to be very durable. No hint of any leakage in spite of the thorny environment here. Even though these tires are 700 x 28 they look as big or bigger than thee 700 x 35's on my tour bike. The front has no more fork clearance and maybe less than it did on the Murray frame, a bit of a disappointment. When these tires are finished I will probably move down to 700 x 25.

The rear is a bit tight too:

No comments:

Post a Comment