Thursday, February 27, 2014

2014-02-27 - Luckie Park Loop on Vilano SS

Miles: 10.9
Start Time 5:09
Moving Time: 0:56:08
Elevation(Ft): 118
Avg Spd(M): 11.6
Max Spd(M): 23.7
Temp Out: 70
Temp In: 70

After returning Bill to Yucca Valley this AM I stopped at The Joshua Tree bike shop and got the above seat bag for the new bike. An extravagance but it looks much better on the new bike than the ratty old thing I found on the side of Amboy Road on a walk one day. It is a tad on the large side but it has plenty of capacity and a loop to hang a light on so I can run 2 taillights, the more the merrier. It also has some reflective piping and logos. I wore my yellow jacket this evening and I am told it lights up like a Christmas tree in car headlights. Good! If a driver sees you the chances of him or her hitting you obviously go way down.

This evenings ride was pleasant. I started out, as is often the case, with the intention of put putting around the park for 30- minutes but ended up busting my butt a bit climbing up onto Two Mile Road. My legs are getting better. I noticed I have a strange puncture or cut on the top of my right foot behind the two small toes. I have no idea where it came from. Possibilities include a sandal strap cut on one of the steep hills on yesterday's ride or a rock in the sandal. The new pavement in the park has some nasty sharp pebbles loitering on the surface. They really hurt when one ends up in the shoe or sandal. I have no recollection of feeling an injury. I will watch and do my best to make sure it does not get infected.

I still have not gotten photos of this bike that do it justice. These are from my digital camera. I am trying it to see if it will give better results than the phone camera. Not at night. The flash washes out the green of the bike. I will try it during daylight hours to see how it goes. I am spoiled by the convenience of photos from the phone uploading almost instantly to the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment