Thursday, February 27, 2014

2014-02-26 - Airport Loop on Single Speed Vilano

Miles: 23.3
Start Time 2:00
Moving Time: 1:48:30
Elevation(Ft): 410
Avg Spd(M): 12.9
Max Spd(M): 20.4
Temp Out: 75
Temp In: 75

After writing in yesterday's post abut how durable the new tires seem, this morning I grabbed the rear and found it completely flat. It had a Goat Head sticking in the left side of the tread and sure enough after removing the wheel and taking the tube out I found a very slow leak at that spot. So much for bullet proof tires. Although I have had very limited success patching tubes in the last 3 years I decided to try again to see if my observation about stale dried up glue being the problem would hold. I had a tube opened to patch a tube on the Murray about 2 weeks ago and it worked fine on this tube so I no feel confident I know the secret. I took advantage of the opportunity to install the "No Flat Strip" in the rear tire as well.

After a warm up run to the end of the park and back I set out down Amboy Road into a brisk W to NW wind to take the new bike on its first real adventure. I fought the wind to Valle Vista then had a nice downwind run to the airport and then back to Pinto Mt. Road and 62 where the W wind kicked in again and made me work the rest of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment