Sunday, February 23, 2014

2014-02-23 - Around Park on SS

Morning
Miles: 9.3
Start Time 10:48
Moving Time: 0:50:11
Elevation(Ft): 149
Avg Spd(M): 11.1
Max Spd(M): 17.9
Temp Out: 66
Temp In: 70

Evening
Miles: 4.53
Start Time 5:49
Moving Time: 25:57
Elevation(Ft): 0
Avg Spd(M): 10.5
Max Spd(M): 19.0
Temp Out: 65
Temp In: 65

Beautiful spring morning. I went out to poke around and take it easy and for the most part I did. I am just getting faster on this bike without any effort on my part. There is enough of an E breeze to make it a bit unpleasant to go in that direction. Not a good day to head for Arizona with a loaded bike. Yes, this bike is a bit heavy but since it is a fitness and goof off bike I am not concerned. It will be interesting to see what I end up with using the new frame. It will be nice to be able to take the back wheel off and keep it straight and the chain properly tensioned with minimal effort thanks to decent chain adjusters. I was thinking that since I will not have the new brakeset until Wednesday at least I may try a bit of "Fixie" to see how that works. Having no brake and no ability to coast could be a bit daunting at first and potentially dangerous. If I try it I will stay in the park and keep the speed down.

I spent a few hours this afternoon patching in the flooring where the couch and dinette bench were. I had some wood left from the initial install. Naturally I was one board short. I decided to scrap it in rather than buy another box. It is under the chair anyway. The bad joint does not even show in this picture because of glare. I will buy a stick of "T" moulding to fill in the gap under the edge of the table:

Update: 5:49 PM

Rode around park after a very brief nap (the phone woke me). I was very weary. The flooring work really knocked me out for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment