Thursday, February 13, 2014

2014-02-13 - Late Evening Ride Around Park on Fuji

Miles: 5.5
Start Time 4:00
Moving Time: 34:27
Elevation(Ft): 0
Avg Spd(M): 9.5
Max Spd(M): 15.7
Temp Out: 73
Temp In: 71

I started out at 4:00 after spending most of the day in Yucca Valley taking Bill home and shopping. As I rode by Ron's trailer I saw he was out and stopped to show him my bike and we ended up talking until nearly dark. I rode a quick 5 laps in the twilight. It was fine because I was not highly motivated to ride anyway. I am glad I burned the calories as I ate a single serving apple pie from the store when I got home from shopping. That is my binge treat for the week (I hope). The ride and pie are nearly a match calorie wise but at least I am not behind the 340 from the pie.

The good news is that this morning I registered 215 lb. down from 220-222 3 weeks ago. I have learned to ride every day and to watch portion size to some extent and it is gratifying to see it start to pay off. If I do decide to take a long tour in a couple of months it would be helpful to start without 10-20 pound of extra ugly fat to drag around on top of my more useful luggage.

Last night I ordered a one piece to 3 piece crank Bottom Bracket adapter, BB and crankset for the single speed Murray. I hope to have this bike on the road again by the end of next week. It depends on the shipping speed of the parts. The crank and BB have shipped. The crank will arrive Monday, the BB perhaps Wednesday and the adapter, who can say? Here is the sad story (notice the greasy balls and chunks of bearing retainer on the floor):

This afternoon I tried to buy a rear brake cable for the Roadmaster mountain bike but Walmart had none and the shop in Joshua Tree was closed, at 3:00 PM. Strange. I did buy a bike hook and some lag bolts so I can put a piece of 2 x 4 with the hook in it on the side of my shed as a storage spot for the Murray SS.

No comments:

Post a Comment