Thursday, March 27, 2014

2014-03-27 - Baseline/Mesquite Springs Loop on Single Speed

Miles: 12.5
Start Time 10:31
Moving Time: 1:05:01
Elevation(Ft): 418
Avg Spd(M): 11.5
Max Spd(M): 32.2
HR Avg(BPM):
HR Max(BPM):
Temp Out: 62
Temp In: 64

A chilly ride to JTNP HQ and around to Mesquite Springs Road. No problems. Second ride with new medium priced ($30) Canari XXL bike shorts. They Are slightly oversize but work fine. If they shrink a tad in the wash they will be close enough. The pad is not as plush as in the 2 pairs of Bellwether shorts I have been wearing since 2011 but it seems to be as effective and the price is less than half of the current Bellwether tab. I wanted to have more pairs to avoid wearing a pair for more than 2 days. I have found that while size XL fits my body and legs well the pad is too narrow and the stitching on the edge which is nylon thread cuts into my rump where it and the thread meet the corner of the seat. This has been true for all the XL shorts I have tried regardless of brand so I use XXL now even though they are a bit too large otherwise.

Below is what is left of the Oasis of Mira, which is I think the 29 Palms namesake, after we humans have sucked the water table way down. It is behind and to the west of the Park HQ building:

No comments:

Post a Comment