Monday, March 10, 2014

2014-03-10 - Airport Loop on Virano Single Speed

Miles: 26.2
Start Time 2:01
Moving Time: 2:11:57
Elevation(Ft): 488
Avg Spd(M): 11.9
Max Spd(M): 26.2
HR Avg(BPM): 106
HR Max(BPM): 129
Temp Out: 75
Temp In: 78

Another lovely spring day. I set out to do the 14 mile Pinto Mt. Loop but the ride and afternoon were so pleasant I decided to go on around to the airport. The wind was all over the map but it was generally mild and no more than a nuisance. The bike worked well. I got only 2 pops out of the chain and both were associated with hitting a bump. I checked a Park Tool article and found the chain tension is supposed to allow about 1/2" total movement, up plus down, in the center and I have at least twice that. Per a blurb on a forum, chain stretch could also be a factor and since this chain is pretty shot I may try a new one before I convert to 3/32 chain and sprockets but it is very tempting to bite to bullet and get everything to match.

East wind at the airport. It was due west per the PO flag downtown and NE near home. It makes no sense:

A typical busy day at 29 Palms Airport:

JTNP HQ:

80 degrees under the roof at the airport (again):

Dinner. Grilled Mahi Mahi with potatoes and onion fried in coconut oil:

No comments:

Post a Comment