Sunday, March 30, 2014

2014-03-30 - Baseline and Home Through Town on 3 Speed

Miles: 12.4
Start Time 5:34
Moving Time: 1:04:52
Elevation(Ft): 333
Avg Spd(M): 11.5
Max Spd(M): 25.3
HR Avg(BPM):
HR Max(BPM):
Temp Out: 68
Temp In: 70

Nice evening ride with 3-6 N wind. I clocked a sustained max wind speed of 19.4 a and max gust of 31.0 today. It was probably somewhat higher as it was a West wind much of the day and my meter is partially shielded by trees on the west. There was plenty of dirt blowing around and at times the visibility was probably around 1/2 mile or less.

The bike is working well and no flat(s) so far. I will have Stop Flat strips on Tuesday so I hope my luck holds until then at least.

Some of the Plants at JTNP HQ:

Honda Elite CH80 Scooter

I purchased this scooter from my neighbor 3-4 years ago. I purchased several parts for it including a new rear tire and battery but could not get it to run. It has been sitting since. Last week I finally got back to it and removed the carburetor and disassembled it. I found that one of the jets was loose to the point of nearly falling out of its seat. I cleaned the carb up and screwed the jet back in and put it back on the scoot and after buying a second new battery it runs fine now. I have been having a good time putting around the park on it. I cannot take it outside because it is not currently registered. I need to inspect and clean the drive line, change the oil an put the body panels back on and it could be good to go after registration.

New Battery

No comments:

Post a Comment